I learn best when... the lesson is taught through movement. Sometimes using props, pictures, or objects help me understand what I am being taught. I've also personally noticed that I remember things easier whenever I write them down multiple times. It's hard for me to remember lessons when I only hear them, it helps a lot to see it on the board or on paper. Another thing that helps me is when the lesson is taught in a way that can relate to me, by using examples that may be in my every day-to-day life.
I need to... be in a quiet place whenever I read, or I can't have noises too close to me. Whenever there is noise nearby, most of whatever I read goes through one ear and out the other as my ears try to focus on that one noise. And I can't really help it, it just focuses on what's nearby instead. I'm okay with people talking in the background, but if there's one voice louder than the rest, I struggle with concentrating on my reading. I also need to have projects laid out in an organized list, with step by step instructions and what is need in the project. I can understand the project more thoroughly with bullets and spaces between each section.
The strategies that would help me in my learning... would be to use props, posters, colors, lists, or organized information sheets. Sometimes when situations are acted out it helps me. I learn more whenever I can see the lesson. Also explaining the issue more in depth, instead of just giving a worksheet about it. Another learning strategy that would help me would be having group discussions and just talking things out.
I would like my teachers to know... that I have difficulty reviewing notes when they are not in specific sections or have words to describe what I am doing. For example in math, I find it difficult to look back on my notes when the only thing I see is numbers and worked out problems. I don't know exactly what I did or what I'm doing after-wards, since there is no writing or captions. It doesn't help me hear what is being taught and doing it on my own, I need instructions or notes on how to do a problem. Study guides help me out for quizzes of tests to resume everything that I've learned.
No comments:
Post a Comment